Kay Paumier, president of Communications Plus, has a track record of making companies better known and increasing awareness of their products and services. In effect, Kay gets the word out to get the sales leads in.
She is known as a hands-on, senior-level consultant, who grasps the big picture, deals with the details and does everything in between.
Kay has worked with more than 100 technology, healthcare and other B2B clients ranging from Fortune 1,000 companies to start-ups.
She has improved their online and offline marketing and communication. She increases demand for their products and services through her content marketing, brand communications and public relations services.
Before founding Communications Plus in 1987, Kay was a vice president at D-A-Y Public Relations, a national PR firm. She also was an account executive at Russom & Leeper and Ruder & Finn Public Relations, both in San Francisco.
- Edited the Amazon best-seller Launching for Revenue: How to Launch Your Product, Service or Company for Maximum Growth.
- Edited the books Changing Tides: Powerful Strategies for Female Founders and College on the Autism Spectrum: A Parent’s Guide to Students’ Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Earned the Hootsuite Certification in Social Media Marketing.
- Did in-house training for technology PR firms with offices in Silicon Valley and New York.
- Earned the Accredited Public Relations (APR) certification from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA).
- Earned the Certified Business Communicator (CBC) certification from the Business Marketing Association (BMA).
- Taught PR at UC Extension, Santa Cruz; UC Extension Berkeley; the San Jose State University Professional Development Center; and at the Cisco Systems • San Jose Entrepreneur Center.
- Received 20 local, national and international awards for her PR programs and writing.
- Was the marketing director or vice president for Women In Consulting for four years.