March has lots of great anniversaries and celebrations. Among other things, it celebrates National Women’s History Month, International Mirth Month, and (dear to my heart) National Grammar Day and National Proofreading Day.
These types of celebrations offer opportunities for publicity. For example, March 10 is the anniversary of the invention of the telephone. How could someone take advantage of that? Well:
- Telecommunications companies could do a historical reflection on how far we’ve come in the process showcasing their current and upcoming products and services.
- Executive coaches could give guidance on correct telephone etiquette.
- A professional writer could run a contest, asking people to write funny telephone greetings.
Got the idea? Here are some other events, celebrated throughout the entire month of March:
- American Red Cross Month
- International Mirth Month
- National Nutrition Month
- National Women’s History Month
And here are other events celebrated during March:
- March 1: Plan a Solo Vacation Day
- March 3-9: Celebrate Your Name Week
- March 3-9: National Procrastination Week
- March 4: National Grammar Day
- March 8: National Proofreading Day
- March 9: Genealogy Day
- March 10: Telephone Invention: Anniversary
- March 11-17: Brain Awareness Week
- March 12: Organize Your Home Office Day
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 20: Start of Spring