Every dog must have his day and in August that day is August 26, National Dog Day, which honors the love and loyalty of dogs.
Like many celebrations, this day provides some publicity opportunities. For example, vets could discuss how to take good care of dogs. Animal shelters could promote the benefits of adopting stray dogs. Pet supply stores could offer seminars on dog care. And counselors and therapists could even discuss the beneficial impact of having a furry friend.
You get the idea.
Here are some other celebrations in August that might be publicity opportunities for you.
• August 1, 1990: Celebration of World Wide Web Anniversary
• August 3: National Mustard Day – celebrating mustard slathered on food
• August 4 – 10: Single Working Women’s Week – honoring single working women
• August 6: National Night Out – promoting police-community partnerships
• August 8: Happiness Happens Day – encouraging expressions of happiness
• August 18: Serendipity Day – celebrating unexpected discoveries
Photo credit: Puppies Fighting, Yann Poirier, Dreamstime Stock Photo