Twitter can be exciting, daunting, or both.
However, the search engines now track tweets, so it’s a great opportunity to increase your online exposure. Some tips:·
- Follow key people in your industry and retweet selected tweets.
- Use an application like Hootsuite (www.hootsuite.com) to manage your tweets. You can organize it so you can easily view the tweets from the people you really want to follow.
- Set a goal of retweeting or responding to a few tweets a day.
- Consider using an application like TwitterFeed (www.twitterfeed.com) to generate tweets.
- Take advantage of hashtags (the pound sign in front of a keyword) that will categorize the message and allow other users to click or search for tweets. The more people use a hashtag, the better chance it has at becoming a “trending topic” and the better the chances others will run across the information.