Publicity Generates Sales Leads for Embedded-Interface Product
Situation & Challenge
MoJo Designs, a three-person operation, had developed a complex product aimed at a niche market (embedded interface software). The company was virtually unknown and the budget was small.
MoJo wanted to generate demand for its flagship product, Eyelet GUI.
In developing and executing a targeted publicity campaign, Kay:
- Developed a positioning statement and basic messages.
- Identified key editors and analysts.
- Arranged multiple interviews for the company president.
- Prepared and distributed announcements.
- Monitored editorial calendars (listings of upcoming articles planned in magazines) for potential placements.
Generated coverage in virtually all major target publications, including:
- Dr. Dobb’s Journal
- Portable Design
- Electronic Engineering Times
- Embedded Systems Development
- Embedded Systems Programming
The publicity regularly increased sales leads by 50%. MoJo projected a much larger image than it really was, increasing its credibility among potential customers.
“Kay Paumier has handled all of MoJo Designs’ public relations for multiple products. In helping to craft and execute the launch of the Eyelet GUI, a complex technical product, Kay distilled our marketing into a coherent message and got that message out in press releases, technical articles, meetings with the press and a major trade show. While MoJo Designs is a small company, Kay helped us project an image of credibility in a complex industry.”
President, MoJo Designs