CableWholesale Stands Out in the Crowd
Situation & Challenges
CableWholesale is a pioneer in the marketing and sale of high-quality cables and other computer components online. The field has become increasingly competitive as more and more consumers see such components as commodities and gravitate toward the lowest price, often regardless of quality.
To increase awareness of CableWholesale, Kay:
- Pitched two business stories, one the story of the origins of the company and the second about “partnering with your partner” (since the company president and VP are married).
- Monitored editorial calendars (listings of articles that magazines have planned) and contacted reporters whenever a topic seemed to “fit” CableWholesale
- Contacted CNET to get them to include CableWholesale products in their online listings
- Wrote and distributed news releases on noteworthy products
- Arranged interviews for reporters
CableWholesale received the following coverage:
- A full-page profile with color photograph in the San Francisco Business Times that told the origins of CableWholesale
- A story on the front page of the business section of the Contra Costa Times on the “human interest” business story of a husband and wife working together in their own company. The article was also carried in the San Jose Mercury News.
- Inclusion in two cover stories in Cabling Network Systems
- Coverage in CNET online for the CableWholesale products
- Coverage in other trade press such as PhonesReview and Sound and Video Contractor