In his article in Ragan’s PR Daily (http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/9686.aspx), Mickie Kennedy cites five reasons “why Infographics could be used for a news release.”
- Infographics clearly explain even the most complex issues.
- Infographics stand out from traditional press releases.
- People love sharing infographics.
- Infographics can be read quickly.
- Infographics give reporters details they can use to fill out their story.
I believe a good infographic would help an announcement stand out in the crowd.
I also doubt that an infographic, by itself, could truly convey the news. Probably the most famous infographic of all time, Charles Minard’s 1869 chart of Napoleon’s 1812 Russian campaign, requires text explanation.
Still, it seems that the infographic is becoming more important and popular, making it a good tool in the publicity toolchest